I know it takes quite a bit of time to enter your products in myBeautyCache, so I wanted to make sure you were aware of the different ways that you can backup your data.
How to backup your data
- iTunes & iCloud: I’m sure all of you know about the two basic ways to backup your device: iTunes and iCloud. If you don’t want to connect your device to your computer to backup your information, you will want to make sure to include BeautyCache in your iCloud Backup on your device.
Here are instructions for iCloud:
You need to follow these instructions exactly to make sure the app is included in your iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup (if it isn’t already turned on): Open the “Settings” app on your device, then tap on your Apple ID, select iCloud, then scroll down to iCloud Backup and turn it on.
- To make sure BeautyCache is included in the Backup, go back to the top of the iCloud screen and select “Manage Storage” scroll down and select “Backup”.
- Under “Backups” select your device.
- Under “Choose Data to Back up” make sure BeautyCache is switched to the On position.
** If you need more detailed instructions for backing up your data, visit this page on the Apple website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977
Also, here are instructions from Apple for managing your iCloud Storage – scroll down to the section “Select which iOS Apps to back up” https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204247
- iTunes File Sharing: iTunes File Sharing will not only allow you to keep a copy of the data on your computer but also the images. This is nice to have in case you have an issue with your device where you are unable to restore from a backup. Also, if you want to have your data on two devices, you can use iTunes File Sharing to copy the data between devices.I have included some basic instructions for iTunes File Sharing. You can also view complete instructions on the Apple Website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301
IMPORTANT: If you do not see the products in the app after transferring them, you will need to completely close/exit the app. To close the app, double-click the “Home” button to see your most recently used apps. Then swipe right or left to find the myBeautyCache app. Once you find the app, swipe up on the app’s preview to close the app. When you open the app again, your products will be there.
WARNING: do not attempt to edit or modify the database files on your computer; doing so could cause serious issues and corrupt the data
- CSV File: The CSV file can be opened with a Spreadsheet Program, such as Excel or Numbers. The CSV File is great for the data, but it does not include the photos. To export your products in a CSV File, go to the “Options & Support” section and select ‘Export CSV File for all Products’. ***IMPORTANT** Although you can export your products, the app does not include the option to import products from a CSV File. Please have an alternate backup (using iCloud, iTunes, or iTunes File Sharing).
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please contact me so I can help. In the app, go to the Support section and select “Email Developer”