If you’re looking for resources to help you on your makeup and beauty product journey, I created a list that can help.
I divided the resources into 5 main categories:
This list only includes a few results for each category. If you know of a resource that you think would be valuable, please send me and email and let me know.
Here are a list of 3 of the best websites for learning about makeup and beauty products:
- TotalBeauty.com: this websites has a lot of different resources, including product reviews, beauty tips, free samples, just to name a few.
- Temptalia.com: If you need help deciding what products to purchase, this site pretty much has it all. From help finding the perfect foundation shade, finding a duplicate of a high-end product, or looking for the perfect color, this is the place you want to go.
- Byrdie.com: This website has been around for quite a while and are one of the largest beauty sites that focuses on all things beauty.
If you’re interested in becoming a Makeup Artist or you just want to up your skill level when it comes to selecting and applying makeup, here are some courses I found that can help:
- Masterclass with Bobbi Brown: During this online course, Bobbi Brown teaches a variety of topics. The lesson plan includes: skincare essentials, colors foundation, tinted moisturizer, bronzer, blush, smokey eye, brows, lips, makeup mistakes and more.
- Online Makeup Academy: This course provides all the information to help you become a professional makeup artist. They offer online as well as in person instruction.
- Udemy.com: Udemy has a wide variety of courses related to makeup. From courses to becoming a makeup artist to everyday makeup they pretty much have it all. Many courses are under $20. So if you’re on a tight budget, you may find something here to help.
Here are 3 of the popular website for buying makeup and beauty products:
- Sephora: Who doesn’t love Sephora? They are one of the most popular places to buy makeup and beauty products.
- Ulta: Another great option for buying makeup and beauty products. Ulta carries certain products and brands that aren’t available at Sephora.
- Amazon: This is not typically someplace you might think to shop for makeup and beauty products, but they actually sell some of the popular brands like Philosophy, John Masters Organics, Fenty Beauty, and many more. **A word of caution: before purchasing products from Amazon, make sure you check who the seller is and that they are authorized to sell the products. Many of the brands are the ones actually selling their products, but you will want to check to make sure.
4. Makeup Influencers
There are a number of makeup influencers out there. Here are just 3. If you have someone you really like, let me know so I can add them to the list.
- Wayne Goss: I have been watching Wayne for more years than I care to admit. I’ve learned so much from him and love watching his videos. You can find Wayne on Instagram @gossmakeupartist and of course his YouTube Channel.
- James Charles: James is another popular beauty influencer with over 26 million followers on Instagram. You can find him on Instagram @jamescharles, and of course on his YouTube Channel.
- Naomi Giannopoulos: Naomi has been a professional makeup artist for over 20 years. She can also be found on Instagram @vegas_nay and on her YouTube Channel where she posts a variety of makeup tutorial videos
5. Beauty App
If you’re looking for a way to keep track of your makeup and beauty products, how much you spend, which products are opened, unopened, expired, what products you use in your Beauty Routine, and much more, myBeautyCache can help.
About: I have been a beauty product junkie for more years than I can count. Way back in 2009, I attended my very first QVC Beauty Bash. I was probably the most amazing event I ever went to.
Almost all of the beauty brands that were sold on QVC were at the event giving away beauty products FOR FREE!!! I came away from that event with a HUGE bag of products that I couldn’t wait to try.
The only issue I had was trying to keep track of all the products — which ones I tried and liked, and which ones I didn’t like, when I opened them.
In 2012, I decided to create an app to keep track of all my makeup and beauty products. I called it myBeautyCache.
The app has evolved quite a bit over the years, and I recently released a brand new version of it that includes separate sections for Products, Accessories, and Samples (yes, Samples! I needed a separate area to keep track of all the samples I had, so I created a special section for it).
One important feature I added to the app was you only need to add a Product ONE TIME. Then each time you buy it, you only need to add a Purchase Record. That way, you can keep track of how often you purchase that product, how many you have, how many are opened, unopened, and empty, and how much money you’ve spent.
myBeautyCache also includes sections for keeping track of your Beauty Routines, Shopping List, Travel List, and even a section for Looks (so you can keep track of the products you used to create different looks).
And finally, there is a Statistics section where you can view detailed stats on your products like, how many Products you have, how many are opened, unopened, empty, and expired.
If you’re interested in checking out myBeautyCache, it’s available for the iPhone and iPad. Download and try it FREE for 3 Days to see how you like it before purchasing the subscription.